Whale Watching (Without Transportation)
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Uvita, Puntarenas
- Product code: Whale Watching no transport
This whale watching tour gives you the opportunity to spot pilot and humpback whales at the Marino Ballena National Park near Uvita, on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica.
Take off from Manuel Antonio and head south along the coast towards the town of Uvita.
During the one-hour trip the guide will point out towns along the way providing information about Dominical, Matapalo and Uvita beaches.
Once you arrive at Marino Ballena National Park, you will board your boat and navigate the coast for approximately three hours in search for whales and dolphins.
You will go past the beautiful rock formations: Roca Ballena, Las Cavernas in front of Playa Ventana and Roca Viuda and Tres Hermanas.
Our Whale Watching tour gives you the opportunity to spot pilot whales and humpback whales with their babies during their migration, following the warm waters of the Central Pacific Ocean. You will be able to jump off the boat for a swim or a snorkel if conditions allow it.
Pick Up: No pick up available for this trip. Meet at the main gate of the Marino Ballena National Park
Departure Time: 8:00 AM
Duration: 3.5 Hours
What to Bring: Sunglasses with retainer cord, bathing suit, waterproof camera, sandals and beach towel.
Tour Includes: Naturalist guide, park entrance fees, boat tour, snorkeling equipment and snacks.
- Meeting Point: Main gate of the Marino Ballena National Park
- Whale sightseeing is not an exact science; therefore, we can’t guarantee you’ll spot one. However, chances are very high.
- This tour operates from July 15th to October 15th. Meeting Point: Main gate of the Marino Ballena National Park.